Copyright © 2007-2015 Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

Monday, March 24, 2008

Sweet Violet Cloth *

*Corrected - 3/27/08

Sweet Violet Cloth - Crochet

Size 8 in. x 8 in.

Materials:
1 ball worsted weight cotton yarn
Size G crochet hook

Ch 35

Row 1: 1 dc into 4th ch from hook, * skip 2 ch, 5 dc in next ch, skip 2 ch, 1 dc in each of next 2 ch. Repeat from * to last 3 ch, skip 2 ch, 3 dc in last ch, ch 3, turn.

Row 2: 1 dc between first 2 dc, * 5 dc between the single 2 dc, 1 dc between 2nd and 3rd of 5c cluster , 1 dc between 3rd and 4th of same 5 dc cluster. Repeat from * to the end. 3 dc between last dc & turning ch, ch 3, turn.

Repeat row 2 until cloth measures 7.5 inches square.

Sc evenly around all sides working 3 sc in corners.

Break yarn & weave in ends.

Copyright © 2008 Toni in the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

16 comments:

  1. You're on a roll with the pretty crochet cloths. I just noticed the gorgeous tea cups...I love those!
    Now, how about another pretty knit one for us crochet impaired blonds. :(
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one too.

    I see you have a spammer commenting on your blog... I had them on mine too and had to put the word verification back on, bummer. Why are people like that? Whats the point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy are you cranking out lots of wonderful cloths or what?

    Another beautiful one...thanks for the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Again, I wish I could crochet... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I just love your tea cups that are in the pictures too. I will have to try some of those patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VIOLETS lovely! reminds me of the wild violets in the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming teacups! I wish I had time for a cup of tea!Free to a good home -one pair of elderly parents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every day is better with violets in them in some form or another.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your designs!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty tea cups and cloths! I wish I knew how to crochet.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful crocheted cloths, all of them! You always create the prettiest of designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! Thanks for your comments on my knitting blog. I know I am in need of many updates! And will do them soon! Love your cloths!

    Where do you live in the Smokies?

    Contact me at ldpullins at gmail dot com!

    ~Laurie at Knit2osuhrPurl

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been awhile since I've visited your site, Toni. I'm so glad you were featured on TipNut! I sat right down and made your sweet violet cloth, and I love it :) Thanks for the great patterns. On to the Daisy Doily!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely designs, thank you for sharing! I've made a few Tulip cloths with great success and am working my way through your other patterns. Peace and good karma to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this post and the pretty tea cup! I think I will brew my husband and myself a spot of tea in a moment. It is overcast and foggy at 10:30AM!
    God's blessings today!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!