Copyright © 2007-2015 Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Prim & Propple Doily


Prim & Propple Doily


Sugar and Cream - Kelly Green

This worsted weight, crochet doily is perfect to use as a hot pad with your teapot.
Measures 9 inches in diameter
Materials:
I ball worsted weight cotton yarn
Size G crochet hook

Ch 4 and join with a sl st in beg chain.
Round 1:  Ch 4 (counts as 1 dc, dc 17 in ch circle, join with slipstitch in top of beg dc. (18 dc)
Round 2:  Ch 3,  popcorn in st at base of ch,  *ch 4, skip one st, popcorn in next st, repeat from * around, sl st in beginning st. (9 popcorn sts)
Round 3: ch 1, sc 5 in each ch 5 loop. Sl st in beg st.
Round 4:  *Ch 5, sl st in 3rd sc, ch 5, sl st above popcorn. Repeat from * and slip st in beg st.
Round 5:  *Chain 5, sl st into 3rd ch (mid arch), then ch 5, sl st in sl st of previous row. Repeat from *,  sl st in beg st.  (18 loops)
Round 6: Sl st to middle of loop, *ch 5, sl st in middle of next loop. Repeat from * around. (18 lps)
Round 7:  Repeat round 6
Peaches and Creme - Key Lime Pie
Round 8:  Ch 3, popcorn in st at base of chain, ch 4, sl st in loop, ch 4, *popcorn in sl st (valley), ch 4. Repeat from * around. Sl st at top of beg popcorn. (18 popcorn sts)
Round 9:  Ch 1, *sc in next lp right next to popcorn, 2 dc in sl st, sc in next lp right near next popcorn. Repeat from * around. Sl st in beg st.
Round 10:  *Ch 4, sl st in 3rd  dc, ch 4, sl st between sc sts. Repeat from *. Sl st in beg st.
Round 11:  Sl st to center of next lp, *ch 4, sl st in next lp. Repeat from * around to last ch 4 & join with sl st in beg st.
Round 12:  Repeat round 11.
Round 13:  Sl st to center of next lp, *ch 5, sc in next lp. Repeat from * around ending with ch 5, sl st in beg st.
Round 14:  Sl st to center of next lp, *ch 1 sc in same lp, dc in sc (valley), ch 3, dc in same sc, sc in lp near top. Repeat from * to end of round. Break yarn and weave ends.
Peaches and Creme - Sea Mist
 Copyright © 2010 Toni in the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love variegated yarn, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I recently ran across this and the bath mat pattern and realized I'd forgotten to post them.

      Delete
  2. Your doily is very lovely and the color is wonderful... I also just notice your Tulip Stitch cloth. I am going to give a go. Thanks for sharing your patterns. I would also like to wish you and your family a Very Happy Easter Holiday. hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Judy! I hope you enjoy the Tulip Stitch Cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doilies are so nice! My mom made an afghan using the popcorn stitch and I love it.

    Have a great weekend!

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Vicki! I bet your mom's afghan is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni, The yellows and greens remind me of my Nana who lived in Jackson, Mississippi. Very pretty work and tension on your yarn. I have never made a doily...but I am working on some booties :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Jacqueline! I hope you'll post a picture of the booties when you're finished with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, nice doily! Thank you very much for sharing, I love those popcorn stitches and how they make the fabric thick enough to hold a hot teapot. Needless to say, I have to give it a try even if I don't have a teapot! (I am a tea bag user) ;-)

    Happy Resurrection Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alhana! I use some loose tea, but I'm a teabag user, too! It's all good. *chuckles* Glad you like the doily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't comment on the bathmat post, but I would love for my daughter to make one of these...how long do you suppose it would take to knit this up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jacqueline,
    I knitted this bath mat in a few weeks working on it for a while each day. It knits up fairly quickly since it's made holding two strands of yarn together. I hope your daughter enjoys knitting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh~ that is beautiful!!!
    Teach me to crochet... puhleeeze? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm working on this and have run into a couple of problems. It may just be me but......
    In Rnd 9 do you sl st in the loop on each side of the popcorn and work 2 dc in the sl st?
    And in Rnd 10 it says to sl st in 3rd dc but there aren't 3 dc groups in Rnd 9 and it says to sl st between the sc sts and there aren't 2 scs together in Rnd 9 so I'm confused. You can reply to me at butterflycrochet at gmail.com.

    Thanks,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wanda, just follow the directions in US stitches and it will be fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!