Copyright © 2007-2015 Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

Friday, December 7, 2007

The Knitting Protegé & Tennessee Valley Weather

Welcome to the Tennnessee Valley, Y'all, where snow is as scarce as frog teeth. We were all set for wintry weather last week, hoping for even a flake of illusive snow but, alas, we're now in the middle of a warming trend. Ah well, the sunsets are beautiful here.Our newest knitter, A is 8 years old. Big sister T has been knitting for about 2 years.
The scarf below was knit with Yarn Bee Frosting in Barely Iced Pink.
This yarn is buttery soft & warm.Another Fancy Fur Scarf that I was making to wear with my coat, but I don't think it's me at all. Get off my coat, you animal!
Whiles I should be knitting on the many projects I've started, here I'm charting a new pattern. It's not finished or blocked but any guesses?... 'cause if you can't tell what it is then I won't be posting the pattern.
We're snow-needy, send us some snow, Y'all!
Have a great weekend, Y'all and knitlikeyoumeanit!







11 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I love that pink scarf, it really does look soft and buttery. We're not getting snow either, don't feel bad. This weekend is expected to be warm again. They are confusing me...I don't know what clothes to wear from one day to the next.
    I know what it is...a snowflake! Please post the pattern...I love the snowflakes. :) You know I love ya but...that fancy fur scarf has GOT to go. lol I'm just saying. :o)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A snowflake! Yes, I'd say you need some non-styrofoam snowmanability snow there.

    Ah, just read the first comment--we're in agreement, then. Let it snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh foof, silly Blogger. That's AlisonH at spindyeknit.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say that it is a snowflake too. Great scarves!!!

    ~ I did not know that about Fred. That really sucks but it's not really a deal breaker for me either. I'd have to say that his biggest appeal to me is that he is pro-life. Being a Mom of two healthy children and a Mom of an angel who was miscarried, I find that a huge HUGE issue for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dd is a very avid knitter - she just finished a sweater for her dog :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're supposed to be getting snow flurries tonight. I'll try and send you some :)

    The pink furry scarf looks so soft and cuddly. Nice work :)

    Beautiful snowflake cloth, too.

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honey it looks like a snowflake cloth ;-) OH I love that pink scarf.

    Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A snowflake! It's beautiful. Snow - if you need a snow fix, you can see some recent snow pics from my post today. I wish I could have sent you some.
    ps: I love the fluffy scarf, so soft looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have been busy... That pink scarf looks soft enough to sleep on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so funny! It's in the 60's and sunny here in Georgia. Somebody send us some rain (no snow please). I love that pink scarf it looks so soft!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. And a beautiful sunset it is! Lots of knitting going on! I have been planning to sit my grand daughter down one day soon to teach her to knit. Love your pretty scarves. Continue to enjoy the season and your knitting too!

    Merry Christmas

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!