Copyright © 2007-2015 Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Diabetes Docu-Series, Eye-Opening

Hello from the hills! 

I'm interrupting my normally irregular posting schedule to tell you I'm watching a docu-series on the black plague of the 21st century, diabetes.   It's free now but will not be free after this airing.  I have to tell you I'm only into the second video, and I'm very concerned by what I've learned.  If you or anyone you know has diabetes this series will help you understand the disease from a totally different perspective as there are interviews with health professionals that will surprise you.   Most patients think as long as they have diabetes under "control" with insulin they're okay.  Not so.   I don't have it myself, but I have family members who do, so I'm all in to help them.

Go here and request a link to watch, but hurry as each episode airs for only 24 hours.


Our plain white Rose of Sharons finally opened up.

This will be our second heirloom cantaloupe, that is if the night critters don't take a shine to it first.  ;)   Did you know raccoons and coyotes poke holes in them and scoop out the juice?  Ask me how I know, lol.

I don't think I've ever posted about my Mulberry trees.  They're 1 1/2 years old and already 5 feet high growing in pots on the deck.  We're hoping for a small berry harvest next year.

I'll leave you with these sleepy looking hydrangea blossoms.  They were blue last month, but the color has turned to fallish hues.   Have a great weekend y'all!

15 comments:

  1. Hello, I hope the critters do not eat your cantaloupe. The hydrangea blooms are gorgeous. Your Mulberry trees are doing well. My mother was a diabetic. I hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen!
      By the end of the day the cantaloupe was ready to be picked so that one and another will only be eaten by us.
      Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. I love the hydrangea...what beautiful colors! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know when I've enjoyed my flowers as much as I do with those hydrangeas. They have such huge blooms.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Always said, it's a good thing raccoons are cute because they are a miserable critter. Also, thanks for the link. Will pop in and see if they are still available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, the raccoons are stinkers. One year they ripped into our watermelons and carried them to different places in the pasture. They're cute though.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Your garden is looking great! I hope you get to eat that cantaloupe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dianna! The cantaloupe is on the kitchen counter. ;)
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'm enjoying your garden as it's winter here in New Zealand. I love cantaloupe! So, how do they poke a hole and eat them???!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty! They scratch and paw the melons until there's a hole then they poke their paws inside for a pawfull of juice.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Love the melons and the hydrangeas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mulberry trees. What interesting facts about the cantaloupe. Your Rose of Sharon is beautiful.

    I hope you are well and having a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love seeing your plants!! Having a mulberry tree would be interesting. I hope you do get some berries!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!