Copyright © 2007-2015 Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June Is Busting Out All Over

Anyone remember that song? It's one of those songs from childhood (learned in music class for my eighth grade commencement) that a word like June triggers in my memory every time. Here's a look at my clematis vine. Wild red roses that I grew from a cutting several years ago. (If you'd like to start one get a cutting while they're blooming. First, pinch off any thorns & lower leaves & dip in root toner. Then plant in good soil in a shady spot & water & cover with a large jar until well rooted. I used huge pickle jars. After several months you can transplant your new wild rose in a sunny spot wherever you want it to be permanently.)
I rooted this pink one the same way.
I love the Scalloped Waves Spa Cloth pattern & I love the yarn, Peaches & Creme Earthtone, but I used size 6 needles & knitted it a bit tight so the color pattern of the variegated yarn clumped on me! Argh. I guess I need to loosen up a bit. I'm a-workin' on a new pattern & a-sneakin' a little preview in here. It's double worsted & 30 inches long...more next time, maybe. ;)
See ya next week, Y'all, Lord willing.

11 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty. I envy people who can re-root plants.

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...now where did I see those old fashioned roses.... I'll have to go back for a little snipping. Lovely flowers you have!

    Love the new knitting projects too. Isn't funny how sometimes those variegated yarns turn out well and sometimes they clump? Although, I like that clumped color too. I guess it is fun because you never know what you are going to get.

    Erm...I don't know the song really, but it jiggles something vague.

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Oh, I hope it's a bath rug...I so need a pattern for one!!!
    I think that cloth is gorgeous but then I'm a tight knitter and I like my knits to have that tight feel to them...hate a loose floppy cloth. :P
    You must have the greenest thumb ever...your plants are beautiful.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you could do that with flowers too. Look at all the things your learnin me! I love the dishcloth and the color. Nothing like earth tones. Your new pink pattern looks great. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clematis!!! I've been trying to think of that word for a week and a half, saw some blooming and couldn't pull the word out of my brain for the life of me--thank you!!!

    And yours is gorgeous. And now I want to go plant roses. Your enthusiasm is wonderfully infectious, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flowers!! I love clematis...I have a white one out front that's just starting to blossom.

    Love your cloth...and is that a rug you are making by any chance?...love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are beautiful, all of them.

    I really like the spa cloth colours, even with the clumping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Aunt could do the fruit jar
    rose cutting trick. You must have a green thumb like she did! That rose looks like what she used to call a "Dorothy Perkins" rose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are beautiful. I simply love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sigh*...what beautiful flowers! Your knitting looks so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers are beautiful, and so are your knitting! I just love the fan design...so pretty! I look forward to seeing just what pretty things you will be knitting up next! You and your family have a most lovely weekend!

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!