Copyright © 2007-2015 Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

Monday, June 16, 2008

Turkish Delight

Hi, y'all. I missed knitting & blogging last week due to a little remodeling we're having done. SIL was our resident carpenter, so Youngest was here all week long. We had a nice long visit & time for a few interesting projects, too. One of them was making Turkish Delight. If you haven't heard of it, it's a very delicate, rosewater flavored Turkish candy. It's become hugely popular recently because it was mentioned in the movie, Narnia. Youngest had brought some rosewater with her that she'd made from her rose blossoms & wanted to try her hand at making a batch. So, I stood back & took pictures while she did all the work. ;)
Here's a picture of one of the cooking stages:
All done & poured into a pan to set overnight:
Turned out of the pan & cut into squares:
Dusted with confectioner's sugar:
It turned out very well I think. Placed in an air-tight container, ready to be enjoyed. Go ahead, try some. :)
Have a Turkish-ly Delight-ful week, Y'all!

10 comments:

  1. That looks really yummy! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the name from reading the books, I've just never seen it in person in any form before. That looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had Turkish Delight, as a child eons ago. Have never made it. We bought ours in the candy store. Yours looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm! I don't know if I've ever had it...but it sure looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. making your own rosewater! how cool is that! then turning it into an edible treat! very creative!
    very victorian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm that looks good. I love your header with the blue bird.

    Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummmm, that was very tasty, thank you ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! (#($&%....sorry, hard to talk with a mouth full of Turkish Delight! lol
    I have never heard of this but it looks really good. You are forever making me hungry when I come here!
    I think I'll pass on trying to make some cuz it looks like something I would totally make a mess of and nobody would eat it. rofl
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, ummm, it looks pretty (hee hee)!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had never heard of Turkish Delight before. Thanks for the link to the background info.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!