Copyright © 2007-2015 Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, June 4, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?

With a lot of work, that's how! Goodman and I have been gardening more this year than in the last few years. I do love my garden, but I say again, it's a lot of work! And hungry bugs are everywhere just waiting till you turn your back so they can chomp the young, tender plants. Oh, and if you're not used to it the bending, stooping, tugging, hoeing and watering makes muscles and joints scream for extra rest at night. We've been hitting the hay pretty early lately. All that to say that I'm sorry I've missed some of your blog posts. This is my wild red rose on the old walk-through gate post.I wanted to try crocheting another worsted weight doily to look like a daisy, but I couldn't find any green yarn without going out of my way to find some. Dying yarn is not my forte. I was forced into it. Then after all that..I found a ball of sage green hiding in a basket so I used all three shades for the doilies in the next picture.
Here's the results of the yarn dyin' and the daisy thought.
I'm not finished writing the pattern, yet. I hope to do that soon...maybe it will rain...I sure hope so. I figured out the border for the crochet shawl, but it's too much to work on at the moment. Here's to a wonderful week, Y'all!

12 comments:

  1. I love the colors! I think they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarn dyeing is a wonderful addiction; your daisies are lovely. And so is your rose bush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wild red rose is beautiful. I've recently planted a few roses in my garden. I'm looking forward to having a few bouquets on my table this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pattern, and the colors you chose are so natural. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. garden bugs and baby rabbits
    will ruin a garden! lots of rain
    this year for the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dolies are beautiful! The colors you came up with are just perfect. One of my girlfriends gave me a whole case of worsted weight un dyed yarn. I am planning on trying my hand at coolaide coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those roses how pretty. I can't wait to try out your new pattern. =) I really like the pink one you made. Your hand dyed yarn looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The doilies are beautiful! You are simply amazing with the needles my friend!:o) I know your garden is beautiful and all that hard work is paying off just beautifully. Happy week to you!

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Tea,
    Those little doilies are beautiful!! I really like the orange one. Your greens look good to me!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rose bush is gorgeous, esp. against that fence post, and I love your daisy doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time you post a crochet pattern I wish I could crochet.... *sigh* They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your daisy doilies...they are so bright and cheerful...makes me happy :) Good job with your dyeing...perfect color green :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!