Copyright © 2007-2015 Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Howdy Hoe, Neighbors!

In the garden my favorite, burgundy daylily.And a double burgundy that I've had for about 5 years but never saw it bloom 'til now.A bird's eye view of one of our vegetable gardens. I got this close to this mourning dove with my camera. I must be livin' right, right? roflChocolate mint that I plan to sweeten with....
Stevia, a natural, non-caloric sweetener.
A baby cardinal...can you see the bit of red on its tail and wing?
I've been knittin' and crochetin', but nothin' picture worthy, yet...maybe next time...maybe. :)
Have a good, good week, Y'all!

12 comments:

  1. Oooo, the daylillies are so pretty! I love the colors.
    The garden is looking real good. I'm sure that you will have a bountiful harvest this season.
    The chocolate mint will be a great addition to any drink. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lillies are beautiful! How lucky were you to so close to the dove. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A baby cardinal! How wonderful! Red daylillies always make me think of my aunt and uncle's mountain house. Good memories....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Toni, BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you have a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lilies are beautiful and so are your birds, esp. the mourning dove!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that chocolate mint is really thriving ! your green thumb is showing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that double Lily! Where did you get the stevia plant? I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your double lily is fabulous :) Aren't you clever to grow your own natural sweetener!!! I'm curious...do you just use the leaves as is or do you do "something special" to them ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh Pretty birdies. Your flowers are just beautiful as always. Can't wait to see what you've been making.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Day Lily! The garden is lovely. Getting this close to a dove is a wonderful thing, a most peaceful and beautiful bird. Continue to enjoy a lovely week.

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your photos! I have Stevia growing, too. What should I do with it?

    Email me at ldpullinsATgmailDOTcom.

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!