Copyright © 2007-2015 Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Good Morning, Glory!


Hello from the foothills!  
 We are sooo looking forward to fall weather, but we're enjoying a few clumps of Morning Glory vines on the pasture fences in the meantime. 

The summer season started out wet and pleasant, but it's closing out hot, parched and dry for us here in the hills.

 This Burning Bush (another volunteer from the neighbor's bush)  has already turned red due to lack of moisture.  I don't know how this will affect the fall colors in the Smokies.  Hopefully it won't.


Earlier this year a family member was taken to the emergency room at their local hospital and was diagnosed with gallbladder issues and told it should come out immediately.  The diagnosis was extremely helpful, and we're ever so grateful for that, but the surgery was NOT necessary at all*.  In fact, what the family member wasn't told is that there are often lasting ill-effects to having it removed.  I personally know two people who have shared that they are plagued with virtually chronic diarrhea years after they had theirs removed.  

*We referenced our  Be Your Own "Doctor" book and that family member followed the directions for flushing the gallbladder along with diet recommendations - totally avoiding the recommended surgery. 
                                                            ************

Source
1. Bile ducts: 2. Intrahepatic bile ducts, 3. Left and right hepatic ducts, 4. Common hepatic duct, 5. Cystic duct, 6. Common bile duct, 7. Ampulla of Vater, 8. Major duodenal papilla
9. Gallbladder, 10–11. Right and left lobes of liver. 12. Spleen.
13. Esophagus. 14. Stomach. 15. Pancreas: 16. Accessory pancreatic duct, 17. Pancreatic duct.
18. Small intestine: 19. Duodenum, 20. Jejunum
21–22. Right and left kidneys.
The front border of the liver has been lifted up (brown arrow).[14]

The purpose is to:
Its primary function is to store and concentrate bile, a yellow-brown digestive enzyme produced by the liver. The gallbladder is part of the biliary tract. The gallbladder serves as a reservoir for bile while it's not being used for digestion. The gallbladder's absorbent lining concentrates the stored bile.
                                                    ************
I believe we are wonderfully and fearfully made as the Word of God states.  And I believe that the idea that we don't need certain body parts is a might remiss.  I am convinced many surgeries are unnecessary and are suggested in order to keep a revolving door spinning at medical centers and hospitals all over the country.  If you have a gallbladder story you'd like to share, please do so in the comments.
Have a great weekend, y'all!
Shared at My Corner of the World

25 comments:

  1. Sooo glad your family member was able to avoid the unnecessary surgery.
    Burning bush grows wild around here - and is beautiful this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lady Locust! Your area must be a wonderland of color in the fall. Sadly, our wild areas are being invaded by the dreadful Bradford Pear trees.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for your family member. That books sounds very informative. I'm going to see if our library has a copy.
    Thank you Toni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nil! I hope you can get your hands on the book, the author is Rachel Weaver.

      Delete
  3. I do believe that food can be medicine and am very happy your relative resolved their issues without surgery. Meanwhile, lovely morning glories and burning bush. Mine is starting to be reddish. Happy fall from me in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Jocelyn! I agree that food is our medicine, and it's also the problem when we make the wrong choices. Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello, your morning glories are beautiful. We have some blooming now too. My sister has a lot of problems after having her gallbladder removed, you are right on. I have to check out that book. Happy Friday, have a great weekend, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, I'm so sorry your sister, like many others, is a victim of modern "medicine". I'll keep her in my prayers.

      Delete
  5. No doubt doctors do their best to get the diagnosis right, but the best treatment for every patient is not the same.
    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for that encouraging story! What a blessing to have family members willing to try an alternative that can lead to true healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Susan. True healing is our goal and reason for using alternative medicine. I'm blessed that you enjoyed the post. :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy that your relative was save the surgery! I agree that we are wonderfully made and God knew what He was doing!
    I love morning glories, but they grow so well here in New Zealand that they have become a pest!

    Thanks for your link on 'My Corner of the World'! It's lovely to see you this week!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty! Morning glories are a nuisance here too, but when they're on the fence and not the garden I love them.
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. I don't have a story but I do love to research things like that online. Love your burning bush. I always had one in NC! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes the morning glory is a pest here in Australia too but it is very pretty. I believe the pain from gallstones is incredible so I understand why people are anxious to have their gallbladder removed. Years ago some suffers would try to remove them with olive oil with minimal success and then had a successful operation. That is a shame that there are chronic problems for some afterwards. That book sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna Chel, the book is the best guide for "doctoring" at home that we've ever seen. It's the first of two on the subject.
      Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  11. Your flowers are looking lovely! I used to have a burning bush, but it was in such a dry spot that it would turn red in June or July! I took the poor thing out as it would have died soon anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dianna. Two of our burning bushes are on our puppy lot so I hope they live through the heat and lack of rain.

      Delete
  12. Oh, my! I sure hope your family member will be okay. So sorry about the problems with the medical world.
    I love your morning glories. They are so pretty and among my favorite flowers. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just fine now, thank you Brenda.
      Happy fall to you, too.

      Delete
  13. I had an attack 27 years ago and stupidly followed my doctor's advice to have my gallbladder removed. It was a HUGE mistake and has caused health problems ever since. DON'T DO IT!
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie, thank you for sharing your gallbladder removal story. I hope others will read and be warned.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!